I'll be researching and writing about the following topics in the meantime until I begin my own Bokashi project.
- Why should anyone compost, anyway? Why shouldn't food scraps go to the dump? Don't they just break down and disappear anyway?
- Why do we care about the end product - what does compost do to enrich the soil? What if I don't have a yard or garden?
- What exactly is "EM" - how does it work?
- How do you make your own Bokashi mix?
- Why do you want Bokashi to "pickle" your food, anyway? (What does "pickling" really mean?
- Similarly, why don't we just bury plain food scraps in the yard - why does it need to be fermented by Bokashi first?
- Does composting attract pests?
- Related topic - septic systems.