1/06/2009

Bokashi Slope

So, before I started this blog in October, I did a Google search on Bokashi to see what I could learn. There is a lot of great information out there, but none of the resources I found were very well-organized (in my opinion). I created this blog to compile the best information for Bokashi beginners such as myself, and to document my escapades with learning to compost. Well, I didn't search blogger (duh), but my sweetheart recently did - and discovered this blog that began in August:

http://bokashislope.blogspot.com/

Wow! I haven't had time to browse it thoroughly yet, but it looks like I have a kindred mind in Austin, TX! This blogger is a self-described "apartment-dwelling gardener" - I am more of an "apartment-dwelling aspiring-farmer/beginning-gardener", so they are ahead of me in that respect as well.

I look forward to checking out this blog more thoroughly - there appears to be a lot of great content, as well as insightful comments from people who seem to be in-the-know.

[Incidentally, my childhood best friend and her husband live in Austin, as do my beau's brother and his girlfriend. And Whole Foods is based in Austin. Fun.]

1 comment:

D. S. Foxx said...

Hey, look--I have a doppleganger!

Still working my way through your archives; looks like you've done a thorough job of research.

BTW, my EM did come from Whole Foods--from the incredibly showy (but fun!) downtown location--not EM bokashi bran, but a bottle of EM-1. I've yet to find any local source of the dried inoculant, though one of the larger producers seems to be located in TX.

DSF

http://bokashislope.blogspot.com
...why do they call it kitchen waste, anyway? I'm not wasting it!